Blogger Widgets

Sunday 5 July 2015

June | Favourites



Here are my favourites for the month of June!



More Flavours Here

A sophisticated flavour and really hits the spot with a glass of wine. Great for taking to parties and pre-drinks.




Meridian Foods

Recommended by healthy-eating vlogger Niaomi Smart and seconded by a friend I tried it- and its pretty good- strange but still tasty, a sort of disgustingly nice spread and goes well with apple! plus it's gotta be a lot healthier than Nutella.





If your new to the name, this is a variety-type band who jazz up modern songs in particular vintage styles. They are all super talented and feature different vocalists on each of their covers. My favourite performers are Morgon James and Haley Reinhart. Churning out covers like there's no tomorrow! Their most recent album, Antique Emoji has been on repeat all month on my ipod. My top replay songs are Creep- Haley Reinhart: sultry voice- like caramel, so effortless like Miss Aguilera but more soul. Such Great Heights featuring Kiah Victoria is a good old belter and Emily West's cover of Only One is a nice little solo piece. The guy slightly cropped in the left-hand pic above is Mykal Kilgore who has an exceptional voice and I've been really into his cover's of Drew Gasparini's Disaster and I Loved You So Much. Find them here


With so much soul of the 60s, his vibe is really uplifting and good easy listening. I love Lisa Sawyer, Smooth Sailin', River and Coming Home from this new album.
Leon Bridges

New Look
I have always felt my head looks square with a hat or hair band accessory. Well I was wrong and my inner-yearning to go bohemian is fulfilled by this current fashion trend. I'm really into the subtle floral headbands this month. It gives a sweet, slightly vintage vibe to an outfit and stays in place easy without feeling bulky. The one I wear is from New Look. They are super affordable and come in lots of different floral styles.




Landor Theatre

A new musical came to the Landor Theatre in Clapham, London this month for a limited run.
The Clockmaker's Daughter is my new favourite but with no cast recording on the cards and the sheet music having not been delivered yet I can't obsess over it as much as I'd like! Check out my review here. I really hope it makes a West End transfer!



-Image Credit-

My wardrobe staple is currently Dorothy Perkin's Lace Collar dress of which I've bought all 3 in Ultramarine (a deep purply/blue), Watermelon (pink) and Peacock (turquoise). Being tall I am always on the look out for a good length and with an hour-glass figure skater dresses are most flattering on me. Its a good day dress with leggings, great for doing my dancing in (the spin-test) and can be dressed up for going out. At £18 (currently on offer) it's super affordable too.



-Image Cradit-

This has been invaluable for The100DayProject series I have been participating in. Having to photograph a moving ball of prickles, my photos have really benefited from using this Iphone compatible Tripod. It is uber flexible, can bend to any angle and is free-standing (well aren't all Tripods?). It does only allow a landscape capture although this is not too much of a problem (unless you attach it to something in a portrait rotation. I have super shaking hands so this has aided in decreasing the blurry pics I take- I just need a steadier hedgehog.


June Title and border designed by Clare Nicolson




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.